
A solution for my problem, is the internet. Yes, thank God there are several websites, where you can download free e-books, articles in pdf. or other format, but unfortunately, some sites offer limited access.
I've downloaded a book today, it wasn't easy to find it. The author of this remarkable book is William S. Burroghs, the title is Naked Lunch. This is the book that inspired David Cronenberg, cinematic master of the macabre, and struck gold with "Naked Lunch", the result is a very self-conscious, personal, brilliantly developed and visually intense film.Personal, meaning that it's an intricate study of a man, William S. Burroughs, who was a heroin addict, and among other things one of the most significant Beat authors ever.
This masterpiece seems to be just totally incomprehensible upon first viewing, after all this film is not for anybody.



1 comment:
I've been hunting down a copy of Naked Lunch in it's original text for years. recently I finally managed to get hold of it. in English. original text... only to find out that after every sentence there's a paragraph of explanation on Burroughs drug driven slang.
Mind- and horizon- broadening is a frustrating pastime...
Post a Comment